*** Recipes Tutorials ***
What's the surprise ingredient between our layers of lasagna noodles? Seasoned mashed potatoes! Our hearty Pierogi Lasagna, topped with zesty Cheddar cheese, is a must-have for your vegetarian lasagna recipe collection.
- 1 lb lasagna noodles
- 4 lbs red or white potatoes
- 1/4 c sour cream (optional)
- 1/2 c milk
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 c butter (1.5 sticks)
- 1 onion, sliced in rings
- Cook the noodles. Chop potatoes into 1″ cubes, place in pot of cold water (enough to cover), and allow to come to a boil. Continue boil until potatoes are soft enough to yield to a fork stab. Drain, mash, blend with a mixer. Toss in the optional sour cream and milk, mix some more. Add salt to taste. Stir in cheddar.
- Melt all the butter over medium-high heat, then sautee onion until the rings no longer hold their shape.
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish with some of the onion-butter. Lay noodles on the bottom of the dish, then spread the potatoes, a dollop at a time, along the length of each noodle. Once done, smooth the potatoes, then spread about a quarter of the onion on top, and drizzle a small amount of butter as well. Repeat this twice (or more if your dish can accommodate), then top with noodles and the remainder of the onions and butter.
- Pop in the oven for 20 minutes. Allow to cool 10 minutes before cutting and serving.